My Fav Books (for now!)

  • The Giver by Lois Lowry
  • Wonder BY RJ Palacio
  • Inside Out and Back Again byThanhha Lai
  • The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate

Thursday, May 1, 2014

School vacation week ....so fun!


My family and I had a great vacation. While most families headed south or had stay cations, we went north to Jay Peak, Vermont. My kids are little but they have adjusted to having a "teachermom" who is always hunting for learning in the everyday. As we traveled through historic New England, I saw so many wonderful things that remind me of the rich history we are lucky enough to live near. 
The water wheel below is a great example to share with third graders as they study the Industrial Revolution. 

We all skied in tshirts...simply amazing! Also saw our first moose! 

If you haven't been to Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory headquarters in Bennington, Vermont, go! Free ice cream samples, free tour of factory if u check in on FourSquare App and lots of silly additions like an ice cream graveyard and   They give to a local literacy foundation and employ as many local people and farms as they can!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you like what you see. Please feel free to leave a comment or contact me at any time!
Mrs. Floyd