My Fav Books (for now!)

  • The Giver by Lois Lowry
  • Wonder BY RJ Palacio
  • Inside Out and Back Again byThanhha Lai
  • The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Graphic Novel madness!



I realized quickly when I was younger that I had an affinity for graphic novels.  As a former elementary teacher and comic book reader, I realized quickly that if literature was in comic form, hesitant readers might give it a try. I always tried to keep a growing collection in my classroom for these learners. We have added a new subsection to the MSMS library collection.

Many classic novels like Artemis Fowl, Moby Dick, Frankenstein, and Dracula are being rewritten in this format now and it really is appealing to our middle school students. Anime and manga are more widely recognized now due to the popularity of shows/games like Pokemon and Dragonball Z.
Awesome new subsection in library of graphic novels, anime and manga
graph·ic nov·el
noun
  1. a novel in comic-strip format.
man·ga
ˈmaNGɡə/
noun
  1. a style of Japanese comic books and graphic novels, typically aimed at adults as well as children.

an·i·me
ˈanəˌmā/
noun
  1. a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children.
Have you read Anya's ghost?
Many classics are rewritten in this genre now.
This is our growing collection of this genre...stay tuned for more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you like what you see. Please feel free to leave a comment or contact me at any time!
Mrs. Floyd